Aiming for a slice of the booming $8 trillion-dollar business-to-business sector, Amazon recently launched a massive new marketplace. Amazon Business provides easy access to hundreds of millions of products in a shopping experience built for businesses of all sizes. The marketplace offers business-only selection and pricing, bulk discounts, multi-user accounts, free shipping, payment solutions, tax exemptions, dedicated customer support and much more. According to a pair of reports Amazon cited, about 94% of business customers research business products online before purchasing and 75% start their offline shopping online.
Business customers have been asking for an online shopping experience similar to how they, as individuals, shop at home, according to Prentis Wilson, Amazon Business' vice president. "Amazon Business delivers a new and expanded marketplace that brings the selection, convenience and value of Amazon to business customers, manufacturers and sellers with the additional selection, features and back-end integration businesses need to save time and money," stated Wilson.
Amazon Business' marketplace seeks to serve as a comprehensive resource for businesses in need of everything from food service and hospitality equipment to products for building and maintaining labs and IT departments.
“We’re consistently listening to feedback from customers so we can innovate, deliver more value and set a new standard for B2B e-commerce with Amazon Business. We think this is an experience that businesses will love and a great opportunity for manufacturers and sellers to reach registered business customers.
Some of the benefits the Seattle-based ecommerce giant says Amazon Business customers will have access to include:
- Tailored Business Experience: Unique search, browse and shopping experience that is tailored specifically to business purchasing.
- Business Accounts: Create a single or multi-user business account, invite additional users to join the account, and define groups of users to easily share payment methods and shipping addresses.
- FREE Two-Day, Next-Day & Same-Day Shipping: Fast, free shipping on orders of $49 or more, Next-Day shipping across 48 states and select metro areas across the U.S. are eligible to receive free Same-Day Delivery!
- Multi-Seller Marketplace: View multiple offers on a single product page for easy price comparisons, as well as shop sellers that consistently meet the performance and service requirements that businesses expect.
- Business-Only Pricing & Quantity Discounts: Business-only prices on most items and quantity discounts from select manufacturers and sellers.
- Business-Only Selection: Business-only items combined with Amazon’s vast selection provides access to hundreds of millions of products.
- Purchasing Approval: Create approval workflows to enable better spending controls.
- Purchasing System Integration: Integrate leading third-party procurement solutions for easy access to Amazon Business.
- Amazon Tax Exemption Program: Make tax-exempt purchases and manage tax exemption permissions across an organization.
- Order Tracking: Add purchase order or reference numbers to purchases to assist with reporting and account reconciliation.
- Amazon Corporate Credit Line: Place orders and finance purchases using a Pay-in-Full Credit Line or a Revolving Credit Line.
- Comprehensive Product Information: Rich product pages and studio-quality photography, as well as dimensions, CAD drawings and manufacturer how-to videos.
- Amazon Business Customer Support: World-class Amazon customer service dedicated to registered business shoppers.
"It's only the beginning for this new marketplace — we will continue to build out features in areas like product support, payments, shipping and pricing," said Wilson.
It’s everything customer’s love about Amazon – the convenience, selection & affordability – plus the functionality businesses need. You’re invited to watch this brief video to see all Amazon Business has to offer.