Amazon is an international e-commerce company offering online retail, consumer electronics, industrial and scientific products, as well as other local services such as daily deals and groceries. According to recent industry figures, Amazon is the leading e-retailer in the United States with more than $136 billion in 2016 net sales. The majority of Amazon’s net sales are generated in North America with nearly $80 billion in sales. As of 2016, it reported more than 304 million active customer accounts worldwide. In 2015, Amazon surpassed Walmart as the most valuable retailer in the United States by market capitalization. Due to Amazon’s global scope and reach, it is also considered one of the most valuable brands worldwide.
Amazon.com has found another way to demonstrate its commanding lead in e-commerce – monthly unique visitors. Based on 2016 comScore data, Amazon’s 188 million unique visitors from mobile and computers placed first among all predominantly retail web properties and fifth among all companies. The four properties that ranked ahead of Amazon – Google, Facebook, Yahoo and Microsoft – all have online retail offerings but are not predominantly e-commerce properties.
Amazon's mobile app also is increasing its penetration rate in the U.S., with 50% of online shoppers in the United States now using it! In December 2016 Amazon had approximately 70,000 U.S. unique monthly mobile visitors. By comparison, Walmart and eBay each had roughly 20,000 to 30,000 unique mobile visitors.
E-commerce sales are expected to grow to more than $400 billion in the next several years, with Forrester Research estimating $414.0 billion in sales in 2018 and eMarketer estimating $491.5 billion in 2018. Amazon has more growth potential than many realize, per analysts who have projected that the online giant may be the largest U.S. company by the year 2020. Per MKM Partners analyst Rob Sanderson, Amazon recently surpassed Facebook as the sixth-largest U.S. company by stock market value: Coupled with more room for growth than any other company, and “two of the largest secular growth opportunities” in retail and cloud computing, Amazon could reach number one by 2020, Sanderson added.
Since 1995, Amazon has established itself as the world’s leader in shopping. Its success is not a fluke, nor is it merely the result of being in the right place at the right time. Amazon’s success is the direct result of a strong user shopping experience. The Amazon Marketplace currently accounts for 1 in 3 shopping transactions in North America. Amazon is one of the easiest ways to purchase items sold by companies or re-sold by consumers by offering the following advantages:
- The Brand: Amazon is synonymous with huge selection, low prices and great customer service. Benefit from a brand that ranks #1 in reputation according to a 2016 Nielsen survey.
- Prime: Provides unlimited fast shipping, such as FREE Super Saver, FREE Two-Day and One-day shipping. There are an estimated 65 million subscribers in the U.S. as of March 2017, up from 44 million the preceding year. All PSG products are displayed with the Prime logo, so customers can rest assured Amazon will handle packing, delivery, customer service, and returns. Watch the latest and greatest Amazon ad by clicking below and discover the benefits of Prime.
- FREE Shipping: The biggest deterrent of online shipping is the extra cost of shipping. Most online stores add additional shipping charges, which generally makes the online bargain, not so much of a deal anymore. The company tries to mitigate costs of shipping over time in part through achieving higher sales volumes, optimizing placement of fulfillment centers, negotiating better terms with its suppliers, and achieving better operating efficiencies. With nearly 100 strategically-placed fulfillment and redistribution centers in the United States, Amazon has a district advantage over the competition by providing the fastest delivery at the most affordable prices.
- Subscribe & Save: Amazon offers the option of having your favorite items automatically delivered to your door once a month. Customers enjoy the added convenience of this service, while saving up to 15% on the entire order, enjoying free shipping on the items, and the freedom to cancel anytime. Click below to watch the brief video to learn how.
- Convenience: The best thing about Amazon is you can go shopping without ever walking out the door. Your essential supplies can be refilled effortlessly with just a few clicks! Download the App to browse, search, get product details, read reviews, and purchase millions of products available from Amazon.com.
- Prime AIR: A delivery system from Amazon designed to safely get packages to customers in 30 minutes or less using unmanned aerial vehicles, also called drones. Prime Air has great potential to enhance their services to millions of customers by providing rapid parcel delivery that will also increase the overall safety and efficiency of the transportation system. Click below to watch an amazing video on how it works!
- Low Prices: With so many sellers competing with one another, Amazon consistently offers the best possible prices. An Amazon spokesman said the company scours prices - both offline and online - to make sure they meet or beat the lowest prices.
- Prime NOW: Exclusive to Prime members, Prime Now offers 25,000+ items and essentials you need every day plus the best of Amazon, with FREE 2-hour delivery in select cities. Click below to watch how it’s done!
- Huge Selection: Amazon Marketplace far surpasses all other options because, with the click of the mouse or the tap of the keyboard, you can buy virtually anything. Conveniently compare and select from approximately 400 million products and 700,000 brands from 200,000 unique sellers.
- Amazon Smile: This is a great way to get all the benefits of Amazon - low prices, vast selection, convenient shopping experience - and when you shop on Amazon Smile, Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization.
- Reviews, Reviews, Reviews: Because Amazon has such a large base of users, most items come with helpful customer reviews and customer product photos. These are a great help when making selections. Our Skintx and Great Glove brands have received thousands of positive reviews from satisfied, verified shoppers.
- Global Reach: In addition to Amazon.com, Amazon Global has marketplaces all over the globe and their cross-border trade, which involved sellers in more than 100 countries sending orders to 185 countries, has more than doubled year-over-year.
- Sustainability: Per the 2017 GreenBiz State of Green Business report, Amazon was the leading corporate purchaser of renewable energy in the US in 2016. Amazon is able to enhance its sustainability efforts by working with innovative industry partnerships and collaborative initiatives. They continue to pursue multi-year waste reduction initiatives – preparation-free packaging, Ships in Own Container and Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging – to promote easy-to-open, 100% recyclable packaging and to ship products in their own packages without additional shipping boxes.
- Returns: All Performance Safety Group customers get Amazon's trusted customer service and returns. Our product listings are displayed with the Prime logo, so our customer know Amazon handles packing, delivery, customer service, and returns.
- Fulfillment: Convenience is becoming more important to shoppers at a time when retail is increasingly shifting to e-commerce. And one reason Amazon is such a formidable competitor in the e-commerce space is its ability to fulfill even last-minute shipping needs with the efficiency shoppers increasingly crave. Amazon CFO Brian Olsavsky said the company increased its fulfillment capacity by 30 percent over the past year, adding 26 new warehouses in 2016. The e-commerce giant now operates nearly 100 fulfillment and redistribution centers in the U.S. Click below to watch how one of the most advanced fulfillment networks in the world operates.
Performance Safety Group provides Amazon customers the most complete glove portfolio in the industry. Our comprehensive collection – consisting of approximately 100 latex, nitrile, polyethylene, vinyl, examination, surgical, industrial and food service glove options – is sure to provide the perfect match for your hand protection needs. We currently offer leading brands such as Skintx, Great Glove, Shamrock, Clean Safety, as well as our own PSG branded products. Since 2014, PSG consistently ranks as a leading seller with thousands of positive reviews and customers can shop with confidence knowing Amazon will handle packing, delivery, customer service, and returns. Click below to shop our extensive line of disposable gloves.
Amazon Business provides easy access to hundreds of millions of products in a shopping experience built for businesses of all sizes. The marketplace offers business-only selection and pricing, bulk discounts, multi-user accounts, free shipping, payment solutions, tax exemptions, dedicated customer support and much more. Click the banner below to see all the advantages and savings Amazon Business can offer.